2008年2月14日木曜日

In Japan Again!

I visited Japan as a student during the during the fall semester, of 2004, of my undergraduate degree. I studied at Kansai Gaidai and lived with a host family. Though the experience was most definitely invaluable, I always wanted another chance to revisit Japan. And, three and a half years later, here I am again! This time, I live in an apartment with Bennosuke, and the commute to school is much shorter than my previous time.

Waves of nostalgia washed over me during the past two weeks. Readjusting to living in a very tight and cramped space, having no central heating, riding the trains, and dealing with most businesses closing at 8pm hasn't been as easy as I thought it would be. I'm still ecstatic to be back in the land of the rising sun, though!

During our first week, Mike, Ben and I had a chance to visit Nipponbashi. This is the home of Den Den Town, the shopping district where I spent most of my money and time during my previous visit to Japan. I showed them to my favorite stores that sold video game and animé paraphernalia. I hope to be able to manage my money better this time around, which means fewer trips to this little chunk of my personal paradise.

I look forward to many fun and exciting adventures with my fellow students!

0 件のコメント: